Student Assistants for the Project Area "Political Economy of Growth Models"
We currently have immediate opportunities for bachelor’s and master’s students to work around 12 hours per week as student assistants for the Project Area "Political Economy of Growth Models" (Prof. Dr. Lucio Baccaro): www.mpifg.de/forschung/projektbereiche_en.asp.
- Creating and maintaining quantitative databases
- Coding political party election manifestos
- Preparing and conducting qualitative interviews with decision-makers in business and industry
- Literature research
Your background and skills
- Relevant course of study in sociology, political science, or a comparable discipline
- Familiarity with social science research methods
- Strong written and verbal language skills in German and English
- Ideally a knowledge of Swedish and/or Italian
- Good knowledge of STATA and/or R software
- Very high level of ability to work independently and with attention to detail
What we offer
You will work in a modern working environment with access to our library resources and the opportunity to take part in Institute events. We offer fixed-term employment remunerated in accordance with the relevant guidelines of the Max Planck Society at the following rates: 10.77 euros per hour for bachelor’s students and 12.52 euros per hour for master’s students.
Interested in applying?
We look forward to receiving your online application. Using the “Apply online” button below, please submit your application and supporting documents (cover letter, CV, certificates, and university enrolment certificate as applicable) in a single PDF document by March 5, 2021. Your cover letter should be written in English and explain what motivates you to be part of the research project described above. Please note that we cannot consider email applications.